Made some progress on the corner armor. Picked up the steel from my supplier. They also put a small bend/radius at the top of each of the long ends that matches the bend on the AEV corner. I used the template I made to mark out where I needed to cut and cut them rough. Once tacked up, I could put them on the Jeep to get a more accurate cut line.
Next step will be the finish welding and grinding of the seam, some mounting holes and they’ll be ready for powder coat.
I used a piece of aluminum to make sure the new steel matched up with the AEV corner.
Here you can see the rough cut.
And then the finish cut after I re-installed the JCR rear fender flares.
I’ve been waiting to get these finished before I put the rear bumper and tire carrier back on the Jeep.